Restaurants (Eating Out)
(The page will be updated in January 2011, we will prepare a map with recommended places to eat nearby our festival venues)
Vancouver is well-known on the west coast for its finest restaurants and a big variety of Asian cuisine. It is now said that Vancouver has the finest chinese food outside of China. (We would especially recommend Richmond for that).
Apart from Asian food you can find restaurants of a variety cuisines from Greek to Arabic.
Quick links for restaurants listings and reviews:
Some places which we recommend:
($ - $15 or less)
Tip: Commercial St. & Main St. are well known in East Vancouver for their special vibe and many good restaurants. There are lots of options to find casual or fine dining on Broadway st. (East Van), Granville st. (downtown) and Davie street.
A brief list of recommended places:
- 24 Hour Thai - Corner of Oak and Broadway (Thai) Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week $
- Congee Noodle House – 141 East Broadway @ Main st. (Chinese) $
- Landmark Hotpot House – 4023 Cambie @ 24th Ave. & King Edward skytrain station (Chinese) $
- East is East - 4413 Main St. & 3243 West Broadway (Silk Route cuisine) $
- Stepho's Greek Taverna – 1124 Davie st. (downtown Vancouver) $
- Branas – 617 Stamps Landing (False Creek area – Mediterranean, Russian) $-$$
- La Bodega – 1277 Howe St. (Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas) $-$$
- Indian district - 49th and Main - Many great Indian restaurants and shops. $-$$
- Tim Hortons, Subway (popular fast food places with fairly healthy sandwiches) $
- Café Montmartre (evenings, good pancakes, nice atmosphere) $
- Crepes (a restaurant chain, downtown Vancouver) $